What is the purpose of the Community Participation Plan?
The purpose of the Plan is to clearly explain how and when Council will undertake community participation when exercising the following planning functions:
· Assessment and determination of development applications, including revised plans, modifications and review applications.
· Preparation of draft local strategic planning statements
· Local environmental plan (LEP) draft amendments - planning proposals
· Draft development control plans (DCP)
· Draft contribution plans
· Draft community participation plans
What are the objectives of the Community Participation Plan?
The objectives of the plan are:
1. To provide planning information that is easily accessible and in a form that is readily understandable and engaging to our community.
2. To engage with people who are representative of our community.
3. To meet statutory obligations regarding notification, exhibition and decisions of Council on relevant planning matters.
4. To provide for a range of consultation methods that are timely, reflect best and current practice.
Can I make a submission?
Yes. Submissions on the draft Mosman Community Participation Plan are welcomed until 26 September 2019. Refer to the 'Provide Your Feedback' section of this website for details on how you can make a submission via letter, email or online submission form.
What happens after public exhibition?
At the end of the exhibition period, submissions received will be reviewed and a report prepared for Council's consideration in November 2019. The report will outline submissions received, identify any changes that should be made to the draft Mosman Community Participation Plan as a result of those submissions, and seek Council's endorsement to make the Plan. The Plan must be in place by 1 December 2019.
Where can I find more information?
This website contains further information about the draft Mosman Community Participation Plan within the introductory page, FAQ, Document Library, Important Links and Key Dates pages. The draft Plan can also be in hard-copy within Council's offices (first floor) during 8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. If you would like to speak with someone in person, Council's Urban Planning Team is available to answer any enquiries that you may have. Refer to the Who's Listenting section of this website, or visit us at Council.